mar 12 apr|
Fee: $40 / Prize: Exhibition
First Street Gallery - 2022 National Juried Exhibition
Category: Award. Celebrating its 50th Anniversary in 2019, FIRST STREET GALLERY, located in the heart of the Chelsea art district in New York City, is an art gallery showcasing the work of emerging and mid-career contemporary artists.
Time & Location
12 apr 2022, 19:00
Fee: $40 / Prize: Exhibition
About the event
Open to U.S. resident artists at least 18 yrs. old. Exception: Artists currently represented by FIRST STREET GALLERY.
- Eligible Works/Media: ORIGINAL oils, acrylics, watercolors, pastels, drawings, prints, photography, mixed media, collage, assemblage, construction. and sculpture in any medium. No giclées or similar reproductions.
- Size & Weight Limits: All Wall-Hung Work (2D or 3D): May not exceed 44 inches in width including any frame. No height limit. Maximum depth from wall: 10 inches. Maximum weight: 30 lbs. 2D work must be suitably framed (or sides cleanly finished or painted), wired, ready to hang. Works on paper MUST be framed under plexi glass or glass. For framed works, if not already framed, measure work and estimate total framed size. If still no wider than 44 inches, it can be entered. Make note of your estimate, so, if the work is accepted, you frame it within the limits.
- Free Standing sculpture (3D): Maximum width or depth of sculpture is 30 inches. No height limit. Maximum weight is 50 lbs. If needed, sculptors must provide floor stand with maximum footprint of 30 x 30 inches. The gallery has a small number of stands available for sculpture. NO work can be hung from ceiling or pipes.
- Work accepted into the show may be refused if it does not conform to the entered image or exceeds size or weight limits. Absolutely NO substitutions of accepted works. Accepted work must remain in the gallery for duration of the show.
The gallery will take NO commission on sales. Work not for sale must be marked “N.F.S.” No P.O.R. sales.ENTRY FEE
The fee is $40 for 1–3 works, $5 for each additional work, up to 6 works total. Entry fees are non-refundable.SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS (For the Entry Form)
All entries must be submitted electronically. Judging done entirely from digital images.
- Images must be 72 dpi JPEGs. No other formats will be accepted. Must be at least 600 pixels but not greater than 1400 pixels, in either direction. Maximum file size for any individual image is 2 MB.
- Size of Work must be given in inches. *Height must be given before width whether the work is a vertical or a horizontal. The gallery will not correct dimension errors. Entry form must be filled out completely. Before uploading, please confirm that your files are labeled properly, meet technical requirements and can be opened. We recommend saving images to your Desktop so you can view and change file names. Failure to follow instructions may result in disqualification of your entry.