sab 16 dic|
Fee: Free / Prize: Budget+ Exhibition
FREE ENTRY / Blink - Call For Murals, Projection Mapping + Light-Based Art
Discipline: Multi-Discipline. BLINK, Illuminated by ArtsWave, returns to Cincinnati on October 17-20, 2024. The nation’s largest light, art and projection mapping experience is calling for artists to make the queen city shine...
Time & Location
16 dic 2023, 23:30
Fee: Free / Prize: Budget+ Exhibition
About the event
BLINK, Illuminated by ArtsWave, returns to Cincinnati on October 17-20, 2024. The nation’s largest light, art and projection mapping experience is calling for artists to make the queen city shine. As one of the most transformative art experiences in the nation, we are on the hunt for visionaries ready to join our collaboration..
All sectors of the creative industries are invited to investigate the soul of our Future City – its people, places and essence. Creators from around the world are encouraged to share works of art that showcase, highlight and reveal unexpected stories of humanity that engage, inspire and excite audiences all the while drawing inspiration from Cincinnati’s iconic architecture, urban landscape and hidden spaces.
The people of the future city are united and enlightened. In the blink of an eye their hearts and minds glow with the radiance of transcendent knowing. Knowing the light of a thousand tomorrows of opportunity and hope. Knowing the light that shines from their hearts is all that was ever needed to stay in the darkness of ignorance and poverty. Not here they said. Not in our shining future city. They work and play and draw the light from one another until it outshines the sun. The light inside revealed in all. The only light that matters. Together they shine with celebration, laughter and labor shared for all the world to see and in the blink of an eye their radiance is undeniable.WHO CAN APPLY?
Local Luminaries: Artists and creators from Cincinnati and its surrounding regions, representing the vibrant energy of our home.
Worldwide Visionaries: National and international artists interested in bringing their unique perspectives and diverse art forms to our historic buildings, streets, and communities.
Artists in the following disciplines are invited to apply:
- Light-based experiential installation
- Mural painting
- Projection mapping or digital art + animation
- Spotlight Opportunity: Showcase your artwork to a vast and diverse audience, amplifying the beauty and unity of our global community.
- Collaborate & Connect: Engage with a dynamic community of artists, sparking inspiration and fostering potential future collaborations.
- Enrich The Region: Play a key role in turning the cityscape into a mesmerizing panorama of light, color, and imagination.
- Explore New Possibilities: Take your projects to the next level
- Tuesday, September 19, 2023 – Applications Open
- September – December – Multiple opportunities to meet and engage with the BLINK project team on your application (see schedule of engagement opportunities below)
- Friday, December 15, 2023 – Applications Close
- January - February 2024 – Artist Interviews Scheduled for selected artists
- March 2024 – Selected artists notified via Email, Contracts Distributed
- March - April 2024 – Light-Based Artists and Projection Artists Meetings or Online Calls with BLINK team
- April 2024 – Signed contracts returned and First Milestone Payment Requested – 25% or honorarium (Lighted and Projection Artists)
- June 2024 - Artists Check-in meetings or virtual calls.
- July 2024 – Second Milestone Payment Requested – 50% of honorarium (Lighted and Projection Artists)
- August 2024 – Artists Check-in meetings or virtual calls.
- September 2024 – Final Milestone Payment Requested – 25% of honorarium (Lighted and Projection Artists)
- September 20, 2024 – Deadline for Final Projection project delivery (Projection Mapping only)
- October 11-16, 2024 – Installation of light-based works begin
- October 17-20, 2024 – Artwork is Exhibited (All-Lights On)
- October 20-22, 2024 – Art is de-installed
- November 2024 – Photography and Content packages for each installation will be sent by the BLINK project team to artists.